: SVHA Administrator
: Contract position June 30th to July 1st (Position subject to annual review)
: Approximately 25-35 Hours per week (irregular hours during hockey season, some duties may require evenings and weekends)
The successful candidate must have previous administrative experience. The individual will be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work independently from home, with little or no supervision and follow direction from board members. The individual will possess very good computer skills including a working knowledge of database maintenance, proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook. Website maintenance experience and the ability to learn computer programs are definite assets. The ability to multitask, communicate effectively and prioritize is essential.
: (may include but not limited to)
- Scheduling ice for the association which is to be reviewed by the Ice Director for tracking and allocating ice.
- Post Ice to website (once approval is given) by no later than 3rd week of month.
- Liaison with all external partners and be main point of contact.
- Point of contact for all SVHA hockey related day to day concerns or items. Pick up mail, answer cell phone, answer or distribute email and invoices to appropriate Directors.
- Help with communication to the association on up-coming events and advising members of new policies and procedures as they become available. Newsletter, Web site maintenance, etc.
This position will be the central point of contact for (SVHA) Simons Valley Hockey Association and will report directly to the Executive on the Board of Directors (President, VP Operations, VP Development & Treasurer) and support all board members as needed.
Proficient with Microsoft office suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc),
Vendor management, Problem solving, Performance management, Project management, Volunteer supervision, Quality management, Results driven, Developing budgets, Developing standards, Teamwork, Handles pressure, Giving and Receiving Feedback.
Approximately 1250 to 1500 hours per year irregular hours. (i.e.: September is busier than June, hockey occurs 7 days a week).
$18 to $20 per hour invoiced monthly for review by two Executive Board Members.
Please submit resume via email to Doug Smith-President, email@example.com
by June 12, 2013.